Our hearts and prayers remain with the residents of the Capper Senior Center and their families. CSX appreciates all the efforts from emergency responders, Marines, neighbors, community businesses, and the project team who responded. It has been amazing to see all of the efforts to help these residents who are now without their homes and personal belongings. We applaud all the groups that have already stepped up to offer assistance and continue to encourage support for various groups that are accepting donations. Here is a quick list of some groups we are aware of:
- Near Southeast Community Partners
- The Capitol Hill Community Foundation (partnered with the Van Ness Elementary School PTO)
- Subway Restaurant on 2nd St. and the M Street SE location.
- Modern Mexican restaurant Agua 301, located at 301 Water Street, SE, will host their regular Give Back Sundays on both September 23rd and September 30th, donating 10% of sales to Arthur Capper Senior Center residents.
- Local urban winery District Winery will donate 10% of all wine-to-go sales Friday, September 20th to Sunday, September 23rd.
- Willow boutique at 1331 4th Street, SE will also donate 10% of sales today through the weekend to these relief efforts.
- On Wednesday, September 26th, The Salt Line will donate 5% of sales, which MRP Realty will match.